What is Lightning Time?
This year our flexible time each morning is designated as “Lightning Time”. This is another class period of the day where many important, instructional things happen!! Students will receive instruction that will benefit them individually and as larger groups. Activities may, but are not limited to, include the following:
- Study skills specific to content areas
- Computerized assessments of skills to inform instructional planning and provide individualized practice
- Academic vocabulary reinforcement
- Problem solving and critical thinking activities
- Support for social and “soft skills”
handling frustrations, teamwork
- Goal Setting and BOLT illustrations
- Use of specialists in AIG and Reading Intervention Instruction for targeted instruction
- Opportunities for lessons from the Guidance Department on topics of importance to middle school students
We are excited about this time of our school day where students are able to collaborate, communicate and increase learning opportunities.